Dr. Shyamal Roy
Dr. Shyamal Roy
|Position after defence||Technion - Israel Institute of Technology|
|29.01.2015||Defence "Micro-scale Modelling of Multiple and Higher-OrderDeformation Twinning of Metals|
|09/2010 - 01/2015||PhD student at Institute for Mechanics, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany.|
|2004 - 2006||
MSc in Physics, University of Pune, India. Major subjects: Nonlinear Dynamics, Methods of Computational Physics
Master Thesis: Elastic Pendulum - Dynamical features of 2D elastic pendulum were studied in my master thesis project.
|2000 - 2003||BSc in Physics, University of Calcutta, India. Auxiliary subjects: Chemistry, Mathematics|
Research Scientist in Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Topic: Strain Rate Sensitivity of Metal
|2007-2008||Project Associate in Material Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, India. Topic: Mathematical Modeling and Simulation|
Research Coordinator, Centre for Modeling and Simulation, University of Pune, India
Modeling of mechanical twinning in solids
Prof. A. Bertram, Dr.-Ing. R. Glüge
Date of birth: July 20, 1982
Place of Birth: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
- Raman Memorial Conference 2007, Department of Physics, University of Pune
- School of Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2007, Centre for Modeling and Simulation, University of Pune, Indiagram day 2010.
- Workshop on Dynamical System, 2007, IISc Mathematical Initiatives, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Fysica 2009, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Publications - International Conferences
- Shyamal Roy, Prisoner's dilemma with semi-synchronous updates: First order phase transition, DAE Solid State Physics Symposium, 52, 2007.
- Shyamal Roy, Strain Rate Sensitivity of Metals Studying Discrete Dislocation Plasticity, Poster presentation, MuST program day 2010.